What are clinical trials?
Clinical trials are research studies performed in people that are aimed at evaluating a medical, surgical, or behavioral intervention. They are the primary way that researchers find out if a new treatment, like a new drug or diet or medical device (for example, a pacemaker) is safe and effective in people. Often a clinical trial is used to learn if a new treatment is more effective and/or has less harmful side effects than the standard treatment.
On this page, we will present the ongoing and future clinical trials and studies, that are still seeking more participants.
- IQVIA is currently looking for adults (≥18 years of age) who have been diagnosed with narcolepsy or IH currently taking Xywav® to take part in a paid research study. Click here to see if you qualify.
- DUET Study: The DUET Study will evaluate daytime and nighttime effects of XYWAV® (low-sodium oxybate oral solution), also known as JZP258, in people with idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) or narcolepsy (Type 1 or Type 2). Click here for the brochure.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals and IQVIA are currently looking for individuals (≥18 years of age) who have been diagnosed with NT1, NT2, or IH to take part in a paid research interview study. This research results will help us learn more about what it is like to live with NT1, NT2, or IH, including: impacts on daily life, a better understanding of NT1, NT2, or IH, and how to best measure symptoms and impacts of NT1, NT2, or IH. Click here to enter.
- The RaiseUp and SunUp Studies are closed. From Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
- A Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of AXS-12 (Reboxetine) in Patients With Narcolepsy.
Click here for the US. Click here for Canada. From Axsome Therapeutics.
- A Study to Evaluate Safety, and Efficacy of SUVN-G3031 in Patients With Narcolepsy With and Without Cataplexy.
Click here for the US locations. From Mayo Clinic.
- A study Validation of Pediatric Narcolepsy Patient Reported Outcomes.
Click here for more information. From Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Study KP1077.D01 is a clinical trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of KP1077 capsules in adults with idiopathic hypersomnia (IH). Find a study location here. From ZEVRA Therapeutics.
- A web-based pediatric narcolepsy registry is an organized collection of data focused on health and quality of life information for children under the age of 18 and their caregivers. Click CATNAP® Pediatric Narcolepsy Registry for more information.TM